The objectives of this CPD are:
- To give you an understanding of the importance of specification as part of construction documentation.
- To give you some best practice tips.
- To show how good specification can lead to better project outcomes.
The presentation covers the following topics:
- The importance of specification - The importance of specifications and how they relate to other forms of documentation.
- Specification content - Having a standard structure and classification for specification content is essential. In addition, there should be core editorial principles that can be used when developing specifications, such as using clear language; specifying end results; and thinking about formatting. This section of the presentation includes really helpful and practical tips for specification writing.
- Better project outcomes - Good specification leads to better project outcomes. Whatever the aims of the client, having a strategy around specification development will enable the project team to deliver the right results.
This CPD is produced by NBS Australia and is delivered in partnership with Archify.Watch the CPD →
Architects who have registered in QLD, NSW, VIC, WA, TAS and SA and A+ members of the Australian Institute of Architects are required to complete annual Continuing Professional Development points to ensure they remain up to date with industry specific information.
Architects who are required to complete CPD must gain 20 CPD points per year, with 1 point awarded per hour of learning activity. At least 10 of those points need to be Formal CPD, with the other 10 being Informal CPD. Completing this CPD will give 1pt of Formal CPD.