Information about building products is often not in a consistent format, not verifiable or out of date. This creates huge impact with time wasted, and products specified that are not suitable or no longer available.
Specifiers need easy access to building product information, at the right time and in the right format which is why NBS Source has developed ‘enhanced data’.
Our technical team work with building product manufacturers and suppliers to extract vital details from existing technical data sheets and include further enhancements such as:
- Full alignment to the data structure (Uniclass 2015) within the NBS Chorus specification platform
- Clear identification of third-party certifications
- Standard fields for sustainability credentials
- Data fields for application guidance to describe the context in which the product should be used
- Timestamps so specifiers are assured that data is correct and up to date
- Full alignment between the product specification and the digital object
Figure 1 below shows an excerpt from a product to illustrate the overall structure of enhanced data. Examples of the enhanced data include the guidance note on the application and the technical content structured against NBS and the relevant standards.
Figure 2 below shows the alignment between the enhanced data in NBS Source and the generic specification clause in our specification platform, NBS Chorus.
The NBS Chorus project specification is the window to the left-hand side. The specifier also has the NBS Source window open and is viewing the technical specification from the manufacturer. It should be noted that the structure of the content is the same. This will be the case for all manufacturers, with enhanced data allowing improved filtering of multiple products and product comparison.
Selection of building products can happen at all stages of a project. From early stage concepts and client requirements, through to technical design and specifications. NBS Source delivers specifiers the building product information they need, when they need it.
Book a demo of NBS Source today