Following the successful launch of SpeedSpec in early 2021, our Australian content authors and UK-based product development teams have announced the release of SpecPack. This forms the latest content set to become available to Australian subscribers of NBS Chorus.
The scope of content covers architecture, landscape and building services for practices writing specifications for medium to large-scale residential, commercial and industrial projects.
SpecPack Edition 31 contains 141 trade sections, most of which are about three to five pages long. SpecPack is easily navigated as all sections have the same three-part structure, which existing users will be familiar with: General, Materials and Execution. There are also 11 Preliminaries sections, with the designers risk register, forms, schedules and checklist downloadable from the support pages within Chorus.
Head of Customer Solutions at NBS Australia, Mike O'Brien says the launch of SpecPack in Chorus is an opportunity for more practices to get rid of those out of date Word document templates and start using a modern cloud-based construction specification tool. By modernising their specification writing processes, practices will benefit from the smart features available in Chorus. They'll also reduce risk, save time and upskill staff in new architectural technologies.
The SpecPack content set fills a gap in our offering and makes NBS Chorus available to a broader range of architects and designers. SpeedSpec content is designed for smaller residential projects and Uniclass 2015 is relatively new to the Australian market, so we launched SpecPack as the ideal content set for practices working on projects of $5 million and beyond.
Mike O'Brien - Head of Customer Solutions
Content can be easily modified to suit the needs of your project to provide a clear, concise and professional specification. With the release of edition 31, SpecPack is now available for the first time on a digital and universally accessible cloud-based specification platform.
Edition 31 includes:
- Updates to all Australian standards and other references.
- Links to the NBS Publications index to allow users to interrogate the currency of standards.
- Integration with your Autodesk Revit, Graphisoft Archicad or Vectorworks model.
- Publication functionality to allow you to record and track your project publication history and any revisions made between specification publications.
- Check the completeness of your project specification using the Spec check report.
- Recording of your practice knowledge within the Org notes functionality to create your own user-generated guidance notes.
- Collaboration using the Spec notes functionality within Chorus and by inviting other team members to join the project specification.
- Generate a financial summary report that covers the scope of your project specification that can be used as an estimating or tendering tool.
- Export a submittals report to help you track submission requests included in your project specification.
- Masters allow you to retain template specifications for re-use on future projects.
- Stylesheets allow you to brand your published specifications consistently with a logo, images, layout, font, colours, etc.
To book a demo and see how you can start specifying with SpecPack content and NBS Chorus, simply click here and we'll be in touch shortly.